Happy Day Catering is seeking applicants who are charismatic, teachable, and professional for the position of Sales Assistant. Sales assistants are responsible for light administrative and planning duties during the event production process, as well as assisting in the execution of events. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, reliable, personable, professional in demeanor and appearance, flexible in hours, and be willing to learn all aspects of event production.
Enjoy the benefits of working for a successful company, with competitive wage, benefits to qualifying employees including a monthly meal discount card to all Happy Day locations, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition assistance, and daycare reimbursement, and being a partner to the community.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Answering phones, taking event information, and following up with clients by phone or email;
- Creating and maintaining event folders and other paper materials related to events;
- Working with Event Producers and Coordinators and back-of-house staff to ensure all contracted materials are event-ready;
- Helping to set up, serve, and/or coordinate staff at events; and
- Assisting in any other area needed by event producers and coordinators.
The position of Sales Assistant, if successfully matured, will transition into commissioned Event Producer and eventually Event Coordinator.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Willingness to commit to Happy Day Catering’s high standards of excellence
- Sales experience required
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Be willing and able to learn our event software, Caterease
- Access to reliable transportation
- Current certification: WA State Food Handler Card and Idaho Food Safety Exam or able to obtain within 14 days of hire
- Recommended: WA State MAST (Mandatory Alcohol Server Training) permit (can be obtained at one of the listed sites: https://lcb.wa.gov/mastrvp/mast-providers-list )
If you can see yourself taking on these responsibilities with enthusiasm, please fill out our online application! We would love to schedule a time to chat about how you might be able to fit in our company.
Based in Lewiston, ID, Happy Day Catering is the foremost catering and event planning company in the Inland Northwest region. We are a ten-year KLEW Best of the West Caterer & Banquet Facility winner, and it shows in every step of our service. As an arm of the Happy Day Restaurants family, we value our guests, our employees, and our communities, giving back frequently to a variety of local non-profit efforts.
We offer the most dynamic and professional service in the industry and seek to constantly raise our standards while developing each of our employees into leaders. If you want to be a part of this community of excellence, apply today! Learn more about us at happydaycatering.com or follow us on Facebook at FB.com/HDCatering.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Happy Day Catering
Happy Day Catering is a forward-thinking catering company headquartered in the Orchards area of Lewiston, ID. We are the largest off-premise catering and event company in the Quad City region and are growing more each year, seeking always to maintain and grow professional standards of excellence in cuisine, efficiency, presentation, and service.
Our staff members are highly involved in every step of the catering process, becoming the face of our company to our clients. As such, each staff person is expected to go above and beyond to give the best service possible. If you are an energetic, motivated, reliable person who is interested in working hard and working smart, we would love to have a chat to see if you could be the perfect fit for our company.
We cater all events large and small, with flexible, customizable menus to accommodate our clients’ unique needs. Options include—but are certainly not limited to!—outdoor luau buffets with a whole roasted pig, delicately artisanal plated meals at a vineyard, box lunches for pick up or delivery, vending trucks for parades or ball games, and grand, fully customized spreads for wedding receptions in the region’s most exciting venues.
Company Website: www.happydaycatering.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)