Executive Chef / Kitchen Manager
Happy Day Catering is seeking applicants for the position of Kitchen Manager. The successful applicant will be well-versed in standard kitchen procedures and the running of professional and high-volume kitchens, be an adept leader, and communicator.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow recipes and produce consistent products,
- Work with our sales & events team to develop menus and menu items,
- Train, assign, and monitor kitchen staff for quality of work,
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the kitchen,
- Ensure kitchen staff complies with all applicable health codes, food prep and storage guidelines, sanitation regulations, and safety procedures,
- Keep kitchen motivated and on-time for food departures,
- Ensure all products leaving the kitchen meet Happy Day's high standards for taste and presentation,
- Be conscious of costs, inventory control, and waste reduction,
- Run reports through our catering software, and
- Any other relevant task associated with the running of a cater kitchen.
This is a full-time position, wage DOE. Exact times will vary based on type and volume of events booked. Ability to work Saturdays is required. Insurance eligible 60 days from first day of employment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to adhere to Happy Day Catering's standards of excellence
- High familiarity with food preparation, current culinary trends, and presentation styles
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Resourceful, creative, and able to quickly formulate solutions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Computer literate and willing to learn our catering software, Caterease, and FSA's StarSolutions ordering program
- Access to reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule (as schedule varies by events booked)
- 7 years of professional kitchen experience
- 3 years of supervisory or management experience
- WA State Food Handler Permit required. Please take online at www.foodworkercard.wa.gov.
Happy Day Catering
Company Website: www.happydaycatering.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)